Friday 21 March 2008

Birthday Cards

Here's a couple of birthday cards I made for forum friends this week.

The first was for Paula - this was a real challenge for me, as I hate sewing but I really wanted to force myself to get into stitching. The ribbons and beads are all hand stitched and took forever to do.

But I think it was worth it, as I was happy with the finished piece.



The second card was for Joanne. Its an image transfer on wood (ingredients courtesy of Carrie). I decided to play with some wire wrapping and beads, and was thrilled with the results. Joanne has just started playing with image transfers so I thought she'd like this one.


Happy Birthday to you both!

9 comments:

Scrappelise said...

Your work is absolutely beautiful Audrey! I guess the lucky ones who get your cards will agree with me in that. And what a cute little clearalbum you have made too, you are talented!

Kaz said...

these are both fantastic, I love both of them. the image transfer on the second is fab, and the stitching etc on the first is great too. really would have been over the moon to have received either one of these. :))

Kathy said...

they are great, i know what you mean about sewing, i love the second one.

joanne wardle said...

and I do love it!
they are both just gorgeous, fantastic stuff Audrey

Galina Varese said...

Most beautiful textures and layers!

Paula J Atkinson said...

The sewing is stunning Audrey, I love my card very much & the image happens to be one of my favourites.
Joanne's card is just as stunning fab image transfer.x

Carol Q said...

beautiful cards Audrey. the beading on the first is a lovely touch and I LOVE that dangly. I like stitching on cards too. I'm sure if I could keep my maching out all the time I'd do much more.

Gillian .... said...

Love them both Audrey, love all the different elements to them, gorgeous work:) x

Angela Sumner said...

oooooooo audrey these are fab!!!
i want to try image transfers and i totally think youve mastered the technique - i just love it! love the stitching and beads on the first card too, great details :)