Thursday 14 June 2007

Change the Viewpoint

"Change the viewpoint" was the title of Cheryls class this week. So on Sunday we headed off to Birr Castle to try this out. It was a perfect day, the sun was shining and we had a picnic in the woods by the river. I think if I was ever to be a sprite I would chose to be a woodland nymph, as opposed to a water sprite or any other type. What type of sprite would you be?

Anyway the first of my photos is from the lovely museum at Birr Castle which commemorates the groundbreaking scientific endeavours of the Earls of Rosse and the early photographic interests of Mary, Countess of Rosse. It really is a lovely place and there is something of interest for all the family.

On the journey home we stumbled across Lough Boora Parklands, which was a wonderful surprise. We wandered around for a couple of hours, it was so tranquil and serene.

There are a series of sculptures located around the Lough, the one featured here is called the Sky Train.

Joe found wild strawberries, which I'd never tasted before and they are tiny but delicious. I felt like bush-tucker girl!

1 comment:

Galina Varese said...

I loooove wild strawberries, they have such a distinct flavour, and it takes me back to my childhood, when I used to pick wild strawberries. My Mum makes a wickedly wonderful jam from them.