Wednesday 11 July 2007

Movement for Cheryl

Hello! I've been missing for a few days on a short break to west Cork. Amazingly the weather was beautiful there over the weekend. As a result I have a lot of catching up to do both blogging and crafting!

Here are two of my shots for Cheryls 'Movement' assignment this week. It was a tough assignment, but has really got me thinking and looking forward to trying out some new ideas.

The first shot is some gentlemen from the Irish Navy - they were berthed in West Cork for the weekend due to the major drugs haul - and I was lucky enough to catch them popping into town for a pint on Saturday night ;-)

There were a number of Herons trying to snaffle free fish from the hardworking fishermen. My second shot is of this rather cheeky chap coming into land.

I was thrilled to get home to find out my 'Frame the Shot' no. 2 was selected for images of the week, and my Up Close & Abstract 'Square Rainbow' was shortlisted for last week! It's so encouraging, and I'm enjoying photography so much more as a result of this course.

4 comments:

eva birdthistle said...

woohoo girl, delighted about the photos you're one talented lady! Love the guys going for a pint, LOL!

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Brillliant photo's Auds, as always. Did ye meet up with the lads for a pint ??;-)

Audrey said...

No Kate - sure the OH was with me ;-)